HOA Specialist - Houston, TX
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014
- HOA Specialist will be responsible for the timely tracking, researching, and obtaining HOA estoppels on Reverse Mortgage Loans.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Research to find HOAs for obtaining estoppels.
- Communicate with HOA entities to obtain information such as ledgers, by-laws, estoppels, and w-9 information.
- Maintain spreadsheets to monitor information flow.
- Manage flow of information between vendors and internal departments.
- Ensure incoming mail, faxes & emails are handled timely.
- Respond to HOA correspondence/inquiries.
- Send customer correspondence concerning HOA accounts.
- Make and handle telephone calls to/from HOAs, agencies, attorneys, vendors, etc.
- Provide HOA documentation for agency, servicer, investor & internal audits.
- Responsible to keep up with RESPA regulations/guidelines and applying it to daily work.
- Communication and correspondence with outside entities such as HOAs, Title Vendors, and others as needed.
- Main contact with HOA entities, law firms, or property management companies in obtaining estoppels, invoices, w-9, HOA- Covenants/Bylaws, and any other documents as needed.
- Provide payment approval, or denial on HOA estoppels/invoices for non-super lien states on a case-by-case basis.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting to ensure payments are made in a timely manner by HOA Invoicing.
- Ensure all HOA documents are properly imaged into Navigator.
- Manage HOA contact and payment information.
- Assist on special projects whenever needed.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) required.
- Experience: 2+ years of mortgage or legal experience, preferably in the Real Estate tax/HOA arena. Reverse Mortgage loan experience preferred.
- Skills: Ability to read & understand loan documents; Bi-lingual a plus, ability to communicate effectively in English; Ability to read & understand internal & external reports.
- Competencies: Team Player - professional, respectful, flexible, reliable, patient. Position requires interaction with all interoffice personnel, managers and officers as well as the public and outside vendors; Effective customer service and communication skills; Must be able to handle high volumes with accuracy; Must be able to handle high volumes with accuracy; Effective problem solving skills; Strong work and business ethics.
Conditions of Work:
- Work overtime as requested.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the positions requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.