5640 Democracy Drive Plano, Texas 75024 | Contract To Hire
Conducts day-to-day Human Resource duties handled with confidentiality and discretion. Works closely with and takes direction from the Senior HR Generalist on HR matters related to benefits administration, assistance with multi-state payroll processing, HRIS audit/maintenance, leaves of absence, workers compensation, assistance with unemployment claims, recruiting / pre-employment processes, temporary labor, and new employee on-boarding/orientation. Interfaces with staff, leadership, vendors and visitors to the credit union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes pre-employment and onboarding process including drug screening, background checks, credit report, NMLS (as applicable), etc. Key duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Extends verbal offers to candidate and prepares offer letters for SVP/CAO signature. Sends status updates to candidates via ATS automated response process.
- Completes all adverse action communication, ensures all required documentation is sent to applicants within required timeframes. Ensures compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Creates and compiles employee personnel files to ensure completion of all pre- and post-hire documentation.
- Processes I-9s via E-Verify, completes and submits I-9’ s to Senior HR Generalist for review and signature. Audits and maintains filing of I-9 verifications in accordance with federal retention requirements.
- Completes data entry of new employees into Human Resources Information System (HRIS), ensuring Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) information is entered accurately.
- Maintains current and accurate list of Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) via the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). Prepares and initiates institution and MLO annual renewal process.
- Tracks employee sign on bonuses and referral bonuses; maintains tracking log for payroll processing.
- Tracks new hires and enters vacation and sick balances into the HRIS after 90 days of employment.
- Maintains offer letter templates and job descriptions and to ensure current versions are in use. Archives outdated versions in appropriate HR file.
- Updates new hire tracking log and works closely with Training team on candidate start dates, off cycle start dates and training plans for P/T staff as applicable.
- Works closely with Training department to ensure they have correct/current benefits materials for NHO packets.
- Creates and updates Recruitment Benefits Overview on an annual basis or as applicable with assistance from Senior HR Generalist.
- Validates and processes all invoices related to the pre-employment process.
2. Coordinates day-to-day temporary labor process, conducts phone screens with potential temporary employees, tracks assignments/costs, processes/approves timecards in coordination with leaders and processes all temp labor invoices for timely payment. Supports Senior HR Generalist in overall temp labor strategy and maintenance of relationships with employment agencies.
3. Maintains Leave of Absence (LOA) as follows:
- Create and maintain accurate leave records and tracking log; ensure all necessary documentation is received and leaders’ informed.
- Conduct meetings with employees prior to LOA to clearly and correctly communicate process.
- Adjust employee’ s vacation accruals; update HRIS system to reflect leave of absence status, prepare payback of insurance premiums calculations, send necessary employee correspondence before start of leave and upon employee return to workplace.
- Ensure all employee releases/accommodations are reviewed, required documentation is received and leaders updated.
4. Supports leadership and employees with HR assistance including the following:
- Validates/maintains accuracy of vacation, sick and service recognition balances.
- Provides timely communication to employees regarding status changes such as part-time to full-time, exempt to non-exempt or vice versa. Ensures vacation/sick balances are revised accordingly.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with 401k administration, including 401k invitations for new hires, support of annual census and external audit, forced distributions, roll-over documentation for former employees and clean-up of plan. Send and track distribution of required plan notices to all plan participants (both active and termed with balances).
- Maintains bi-weekly payroll folders, ensures all payroll-related and personnel changes are submitted accurately by leadership and processed accordingly for payroll processing.
- Prepares monthly non-exempt incentives/OT report for payroll process.
- Enters/updates GTL in advance of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles, as needed.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist to audit payroll data for accuracy each payroll cycle; assist with quarterly and annual payroll data audits.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with responding to various tax agencies and completing required reporting.
- Submits work orders to the Information Technology (IT) department for all personnel changes (new hires, terminations, transfers, title changes, etc.)
- Processes timely verifications of employment, assists staff with employment letters and other information as requested.
- Provides Lending department with timely responses regarding employee information for loans such as current wages, date of hire, job title, and full or part-time status.
- Applies timely updates to the HR department page on company intranet, ensuring current information is posted and content on page is relevant. Removes outdated information and handles overall maintenance of page.
- Conducts exit interviews and/or post-separation calls with employees who have voluntarily resigned. Assists leaders with separation guidelines.
- Provides assistance to leaders and employees with Performance Review and Compensation online tools.
- Processes workers’ compensation claims, prepare and post OSHA logs, maintain records.
- Assist Senior HR Generalist with workers’ compensation annual bond renewal; also provides support to complete department and credit union audits.
- Validates and processes HR department invoices
- Supports HR functions as needed to maintain departmental cross training and dual control where applicable and to ensure department responsibilities are accomplished.
5. Performs recruiting duties including but not limited to the following:
- Maintains and reviews postings on internal and external sites and provides recommendations regarding viability of paid sites. Assists SVP/CAO with recruiting budget by tracking costs for advertising via paid sites and/or print media.
- Maintains applicant tracking system (ATS) and performs administrator function including but not limited to updating the online application template and archiving candidate resumes in accordance with applicable retention requirements.
- Reviews applicant documentation including resume, application and Predictive Index survey to assess viability against job requirements. Updates applicant tracking system to reflect status of applicants and maintains Predictive Index system by entering applicants, tracking new hires, removing former employees from system, etc.
- Conducts screening interviews with qualified applicants and provides input to hiring leadership team regarding applicant qualifications and outcome of screening interview.
- Coordinates interview schedules for candidates with hiring leader(s). Ensures candidates for leadership positions complete leader questionnaires and business plans.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system to prepare applicant tracking reports and review with SVP/CAO, EVP and COO on recurring basis.
6. Maintain current complete and accurate electronic personnel and paper files, including tracking retention periods for documents and proper storage or disposal of documents, such as payroll, tax documents, personnel records, I-9’ s, etc.
7. Prepare reports and spreadsheets for various external and internal agencies and departments on a recurring basis. Prepare reports, presentations, and spreadsheets to support leadership and HR.
8. Conduct all HR functions in accordance with applicable statutes (e.g., EEO, OSHA, ADA, FLSA, etc.).
9. Performs specific and delegated duties as assigned by Senior HR Generalist and SVP/CAO.
1. Maintain complete confidentiality and discretion of HR/personnel information.
2. Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
3. Consistently demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
4. Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
5. Foster a customer service orientation.
6. Demonstrate sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
7. Results oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to complete assigned projects within prescribed deadlines.
8. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments.
9. Professionalism in appearance, dress, and attitude with ability to maintain composure and perform effectively under competing and/or conflicting demands on time.
10. Fully knowledgeable in credit union terminology and acronyms commonly utilized in the day-to-day communication of staff and policymakers.
11. Adapts to and endorses change and serves as positive change agent to support Credit Union goals and direction.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Education/Certification: Bachelor or Associates degree preferred.
- Experience: Two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience with commensurate communication, critical thinking and reasoning.
- Required Knowledge: Knowledge and understanding of current HR policies and practices; experience with applicant tracking systems
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and experience
- Compliance with Federal Bank Secrecy and Money Laundering rules required.
- Other Skills: Strong communication skills (verbal and written) Ability to multi-task effectively and support competing priorities and deadlines Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work responsibilities Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with focus on responsiveness to inquiries and issues Ability to adapt to changing requirements as needed by business
- Detail oriented and excellent accuracy skills