IT Help Desk Support Irving, TX
6641 N. Belt Line Rd Suite 100 Irving, TX 75063
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’ s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end-user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end users satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of computers as well as printers.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Troubleshoot connectivity and user issues on printers, workstations, scanners, and software packages, both locally and remotely.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Fulfill help desk tickets from the ticket system within agreed upon service times.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Document internal procedures.
- Return used parts to stock, maintain inventory at needed levels.
- Identify user needs.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Proven ability to support Active Directory.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces.
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software and hardware problems.
- 2+ years networking experience in a technical support/help desk environment.
- Experience supporting both Windows and Mac operating systems