Instructional Designer - Plano, TX
Plano, TX | Contract
Develop and maintain training curriculum for assigned lines of business/functions. Includes curriculum aimed at on-boarding, reinforcing, remediating, and advancing performance and knowledge as well as introducing change. Development of measurement tools and strategies to assess the effectiveness of training. Utilization of training technology to drive the efficiency of training solutions. Participation as project team member on business initiatives to understand and develop training based on skill and knowledge needs. Management of the impact of change on the training curriculum.
Essential Job Functions / Accountabilities - % of Time Spent
- Project Management - 80%
- Other Duties as Assigned - 10%
1. Nature/Purpose of Contact with Others (not including direct/indirect reports or supervisor):
This position requires strong assessment skills to understand organizational needs, gather requirements, and deliver solutions to support learning and performance needs of Service Operations. This position interacts with team members of all levels of the Service Operations organization, including suppliers and corporate partners. This position also interacts with team members outside of Service Operations including Legal, Enterprise Compliance, BTS, and other training organizations.
2. Team Activity:
This position supports the Senior Instructional Designer(s) to assess, design, and develop curriculum and courseware as a member of the Education and Delivery team. This position also works as a partner with members of the delivery team to ensure effective delivery of training programs as well as manage change control for training materials.
3. Project Management:
This position participates on business projects and supports the Senior Instructional Designer in large scale assessment, design, and development of training courseware designed to onboard, reinforce, remediate, introduce change, and advance performance of Service Operations team members. This position may manage smaller scale instructional design projects. Curriculum Assessment, Design, Development and Maintenance
- 4-Year College Degree (BA or BS]2-5+ years of Instructional Design experience, but prefer more senior with 5-10+ years of experienceExperience in the E-Learning spaceE-Learning Authoring Tools (Articulate, Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, HTML, Flash etc.) experience
- Instructional Systems Design Models (ADDIE, SAM) experience
- Desktop Publishing experienceExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Must be able to hit the ground running
- Financial Services industry experience HIGHLY preferred
- Training Assessment and Evaluation
- LMS/LCMS experience
- QuestionMark experience