Insurance Authorization Verification Specialist - Irving, TX
4950 N. O'Connor Rd, Suite 203 Irving, TX 75062
How Much You’ ll Be Making
Insurance Authorization Verification Specialist make $15/hr.
What You' ll Be Doing
- Verifies insurance policy benefits for new and returning patients with carriers and employers.
- Assures all insurance information has been completely and accurately obtained. Documents all pertinent insurance information. Documents information given or received to support actions taken on insurance charges or referral issues.
- Identifies special policy clauses or pre-existing conditions and verifies effective date of policies.
- Educates patients and families on insurance issues. Communicates patient’ s fiscal responsibility in a professional manner.
- Notifies appropriate work units of patient’ s insurance coverage, authorizations, or status.
- Identifies all patients without third party financial benefits and directs them for financial counseling according to Financial Counseling and Revenue Cycle policies and procedures.
- Provides support to Revenue Cycle work units and other work units as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- Two years Hospital Insurance Verification in an Acute Care Hospital
Who Are We?
CnStaffing, Inc, a Division of RPC Company, is a medical and healthcare staffing located in North Texas. We specialize in staffing clinical and administrative positions including: LVNs, medical assistants, lab techs, phlebotomists, medical supervisors, transcriptionists, front office staff, insurance specialists, billers, coders, collectors, payment posters, etc...
We are looking for an Insurance Authorization Verification Specialist to work in our centralized Revenue Cycle department. This role verifies insurance policy benefit information and obtains Authorization/ Precertification, prior to the patient’ s visit or scheduled admission. Assist in identifying problems and ensures that the insurance is accurate on the patient account. Assures insurance information and appropriate referrals have been completely and accurately obtained. Candidates need to have a wide knowledge base gained from working in a medical environment.