Insurance Verification Specialist Dallas, TX
7920 Belt Line Road, Suite 400 Dallas, TX 75254
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 1st Shift
Contract position with a chance to go perm!
Pay: Starting pay is $16+DOE
Insurance Verification Specialist needed for fast-growing organization! We are currently looking for a professional, experienced and detail oriented Insurance Verification Specialist. The Insurance Verification Specialist will work closely with physicians, patients, and insurance carriers to ensure timely and accurate verification of benefits for specialized procedures via both the internet and phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate, timely and thorough documentation regarding verification and account activity; this includes pre-cert notes and task icon notes for any pending
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of medical insurance and how to obtain information from insurance companies.
- Responsible for handling inbound calls regarding insurance claims, billing issues and eligibility of benefits
- Maintain confidentiality of company, client and patient information.
- Assist in compiling and updating reference guides for different carriers.
- Monitor assigned daily worklist and email group to ensure no requests are missed
- Foster communication between verification dept. and imaging facilities to help improve workflow and quickly resolve any issues.
- Any other job duties assigned by Management/Supervisor
High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years’ prior medical office insurance verification experience is preferred;
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Meet the minimum daily quota established by region.
- Professional appearance and demeanor are required
- Knowledge of HMO, PPO, Government, Work Comp, LOP and PIP Insurances;
- Must be articulate, professional, and have excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Multi-tasking skills are essential;
- Must be reliable, flexible and motivated;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with current software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Vision on Demand, Centricity, Healthpac and FUJI RIS, MERGE RIS.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10 preferred.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the company.