Iron Field Service Technician - Midland, TX
2216 E. County Road 123 Midland, Texas 79706 | Contract To Hire
POSITION TITLE: Iron Field Service Technician
POSITION LOCATION: Midland, TX
POSITION PAY: $17+/hr DOE
Shift: - 5 am - 5 pm - Monday - Friday - Every other Saturday
# of openings: 6
The preparation, assembly, and repair of various types of oilfield products (1502/1002 Flow Iron). Shipping and Receiving of repaired goods, as well as delivery. Stamping and labeling equipment. Able to operate hand tools and air tools. Responsible for ensuring compliance with established corporate standards. Housekeeping of work area, shop and yard. Willing to enthusiastically participate with the safety program, assisting safety team in established safety culture and future HSE projects. Other duties as assigned.
- Typical duties may include inspection, testing, repair, installation of 1502/1002 oil field iron and equipment repair.
- Incumbent receives training but uses some specialized skills where technical experience can be applied to assigned tasks.
- Assists more experienced Technicians, Technologists and professionals in technical assignments.
- Assignments are received in specific terms and are checked for completeness and accuracy.
- Uses standard procedures in completing assignments.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures. Including wearing required personal safety equipment (PPE).
- Computer literacy is helpful but not required.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed
- Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Possess basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to operate a forklift while loading or unloading freight.
- Bilingual is a helpful but not required. (Spanish/English).
- Mechanical/tool knowledge required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’ s license required.
- Recert experience requested (mag-particle testing, TU readings, CWP testing)