Lead Accounts Receivable Irving, TX
3201 Royal lane Ste 100 Irving, TX 75063
- Primarily responsible for assisting department manager with overseeing the daily workflow of the route accounts receivable team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with leading and directing the work of the billing clerks and inquiry team.
- Serve as the first point of contact to assist with A/R team work related issues.
- Communicate, and maintain Company practices, policies, and procedures with the team.
- Work independently to prioritize individual tasks and influence the team to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Serve as dedicated support for the department, as well as back-up assistance for various A/R duties (as needed).
- Handle A/R Inquiry call escalations as needed.
- Prepare periodic reports on accounts receivable, status of accounts, account reconciliations and adjustments.
- Research receivables and summarize findings.
- Oversee and manage department projects for timely and accurate completion.
- Assist collections, inquiry, service, customers, and sales/marketing department in requests for invoices or billing support.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance; or minimum 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years Team Lead or prior supervisory experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with a variety of accounts receivable concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, computerized accounting software; specific experience with People Soft Accounting Software, a plus
- Intermediate-level experience with the use of Excel spreadsheets used for the preparation of analytical reports
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or in a team environment and provide guidance and leadership to team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills