Line Operator Springfield, MO
4707 E Kearney St Springfield, MO 65803
Pay Rate: 12.00 per hour
Shift: Day Shift 8am-8pm
Responsible for maintaining the quality of the extruded product throughout the production process and its packaging.
- Uses reel components to build reels to size specifications.
- Places the correct reel into the coiler and prepare for the start up.
- Monitors print and footer markings and makes corrections as needed.
- Monitors for continuous stripe (if required)
- Knows and understands the quality requirements for all products being produces
- Makes all checks that may be required to assure that the product meets order requirements. Before making necessary adjustments, informs the line supervisor.
- Ensure wraps on reels are neat and cuts conduit, ties off and caps conduit when each reel is complete.
- Removes reel from coiler using forklift (will train) and transports the finished product into inventory.
- Grinds line scrap as it is produced and stacks up
- Assists the line supervisor in line start-ups
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Assists the other line operators in cutting conduit, tie-offs, and reel changes
- Follow all safety requirements for this position and all company safety guidelines.
- Completes appropriate paperwork to ensure accurate inventory transactions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to write and read English
- Ability to perform simple math including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and take measurements
- Ability to drive a forklift (Will train)
- Communication- Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Contributing to Team Success- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Customer Focus- Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers and organizations needs
- Collaboration- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Quality Orientation- Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small, showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Safety Awareness- Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety
- Stress Tolerance- Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Physical labor background preferred (i.e.Maintenance or Construction background)