Logistics Analyst Dallas, TX
2750 Regent Blvd Dallas, TX 75063 | Contract
Learns to use professional/ fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of logistics, distribution and/or supply chain management.Learns and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issuesPreferred
- SQL or other programming language.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for logistics activities and related systems information in a distribution environment.
- Responsible for monitoring shipments of products, running and analyzing appropriate reports to assist in managing worldwide freight shipments.
- Enhances routine product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory.
- Creates and reviews commonly-used procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Assists in developing and implementing logistics plans and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints and makes recommendations for carrier changes, mode, service level and lane changes, as determined by data.
- Interacts with vendors and peers in other departments to optimize systems and procedures.
- Evaluates, identifies and recommends areas to improve logistics plans that affect production, distribution, inventory, equipment and facilities.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned