Logistics Associate (Packer/Shipper)
2801 S. I-35, Suite 170 Austin, Texas 78741 | Contract To Hire
Logistics Associate - Packer/Shipper - Austin, TX
Our client in Austin, TX is the leading online retailer of premium, designer eyewear (eyeglasses, sunglasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses). The Company' s mission is to leverage the advantages of virtual shopping to create the ultimate buying experience for today' s eyewear consumer. The Company' s success has been driven by its leadership position in Digital Marketing combined with the highest level of customer service provided by its highly skilled team of experienced opticians.
The Logistics Associate will be responsible for the distribution of goods each day as well as coordinating cancellations, returns, and other shipping issues. This positions reports to the Logistics Supervisor.
POSITION Logistics Associate - Packer/Shipper
- Location: Austin, TX
- Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
- Schedule: 9: 00 AM - 5: 30 PM, Monday through Friday
- Temp to perm opportunity after about 3 months
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing boxes for outbound shipments.
- Applying labels and preparing orders to ship.
- Ensuring that the correct labels are applied to outbound shipments.
- Over-packing large shipments to the optical lab.
- Maintain inventory, organization, and housekeeping of all packaging supplies.
- Maintain a good working relationship and effective communication with other employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Familiarity with parcel shipping for USPS/FedEx/UPS – printing, order status, their systems, customs documentation and process, etc.
- The ability to multi-task and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have stable work history.
- Must have excellent computer skills - Excel experience is a must.
- Must have prior work experience in shipping/receiving.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including overtime and weekends is required.
- High school diploma required with 2 years post graduate education preferred.