Maintenance Tech (2nd Shift) Carrollton, TX
1620 W. Crosby Road Suite 102 Carrollton, TX 75006
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all production equipment, systems and facilities. In addition, the maintenance employee may be involved in new equipment and machinery installations.
- Perform technician skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines and HVAC.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Update PM’ s and operating procedures to increase machine reliability.
- Contribute in the training of process operators in trouble shooting and repair.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’ s equipment to maximize machine reliability.
- Responsible for sanitation and safety of work area and maintenance of equipment in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Global Food Safety Initiative Standards
- ? Strong electrical abilities and knowledge of both single and three-phase electrical systems and the ability to diagnose basic electrical problems and replace motors and equipment.
- Knowledge of PLC and facilities systems such as lighting, water and plumbing and the ability to maintain and repair these systems.
- General mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment such as motors, pumps, conveying systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- Identification of required spare parts for plant equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Employee must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company employees and all levels of management.
- 3+ Years previous experience in maintenance in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- A command of basic math skills including counting, adding, subtracting, precision measurement, etc.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and a background check
- Ability to work weekends and daily overtime as needed.
- General knowledge of PC operations.
- Ability to set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Able to operate welding equipment and various hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of plumbing and electrical fundamentals.
- Familiar with industrial, electrical, and mechanical terminology.
? Physical Requirements:
- Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment and perform the following tasks for periods of 8 – 10 hr, to include:
- Bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis.
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds from the ground to waist height and pushing, pulling and maneuvering up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and in a non-environmentally controlled workplace, working at varying heights and in the outdoors.
- ? Maintenance experience in consumer goods and food and beverage industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of CFR 110, current good manufacturing practices and Global Food Safety Initiative Standards.