Maintenance Technician - Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX
- Maintenance Technician
- Monday thru Friday-5: 00 am to 4: 40 pm
- The pay rate is 16.00 to 19.00 an hour
- The job location is in Fort Worth, TX 76135
Summary: Under minimal supervision, performs tasks to repair and maintain all equipment and facility buildings. Maintenance technician for CNC/manual machinery, responsible for preventative maintenance, routine repair and troubleshooting of production equipment of mechanical and electrical nature. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment in a timely manner. Coordinates external services support from manufactures and service providers. Balancing machine downtime verses cost of repair.
Proficient in CNC controls and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) FANUC based. Ability to trouble shoot machine problems and determine resolution.
Performs scheduled preventative maintenance of production equipment.
Reads and interprets equipment manuals, drawings, schematics and work orders to perform required maintenance and services. Coordinates purchasing of maintenance supplies, tools and spare parts and manages inventory.
This is a demanding hands on position and requires a team builder, a decision maker and a person that can work with minimal supervision.
• Performing regular preventative maintenance
• Diagnose and repair machine and other equipment
• Repairing and maintaining electrical systems
• Repairing and maintaining facility properties and grounds, including HVAC and air compressors
• Ability to lead others and plan ahead.
• Ability to make correct decisions.
• Ability to work safely
• Must have a thorough understanding of power systems, especially electrical lines and how to establish and repair electrical connectors
• Must have a strong understanding of how to interpret and use blueprints, schematics for machinery equipment
• Must have a strong understanding of reading plc ladder logic to trouble shoot and diagnose machines quickly
• Must have a mechanical background to repair pumps and motors
• Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems
• Have a solid mechanical/electronic background with knowledge of CNC machines, pneumatics and hydraulic systems. Has to be able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
• 7+ year of experience in a similar environment.