Maintenance Technician - Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX
Schedule: Monday thru Friday-5: 00 am to 4: 40 pm
Pay: $16.00 to 19.00 an hour
- Under minimal supervision, performs tasks to repair and maintain all equipment and facility buildings.
- Maintenance technician for CNC/manual machinery, responsible for preventative maintenance, routine repair and troubleshooting of production equipment of mechanical and electrical nature.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment in a timely manner.
- Coordinates external services support from manufactures and service providers.
- Balancing machine downtime verses cost of repair.
- Proficient in CNC controls and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) FANUC based.
- Ability to trouble shoot machine problems and determine resolution.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance of production equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, drawings, schematics and work orders to perform required maintenance and services.
- Coordinates purchasing of maintenance supplies, tools and spare parts and manages inventory.
- This is a demanding hands on position and requires a team builder, a decision maker and a person that can work with minimal supervision.
• Must have a thorough understanding of power systems, especially electrical lines and how to establish and repair electrical connectors
• Must have a strong understanding of how to interpret and use blueprints, schematics for machinery equipment
• Must have a strong understanding of reading plc ladder logic to trouble shoot and diagnose machines quickly
• Must have a mechanical background to repair pumps and motors
• Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems
• Have a solid mechanical/electronic background with knowledge of CNC machines, pneumatics and hydraulic systems. Has to be able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
• 7+ year of experience in a similar environment.