Material Handler Dallas, TX
2322 French Settlement #300 Dallas, TX 75221
Under general supervision, the Materials Handler I is responsible for assisting with the efficient collection and movement of material and products throughout the Fabrication Shop.
Specific Goals and Priorities
- Display consistent attention to personal safety in accordance with all applicable, company, state and federal regulations.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Obtaining receipts or signatures for receiving and shipping of products.
- Assist in all aspects of warehousing, loading, unloading, stocking, inventory and securement of products.
- Proper Packing of products for shipment
- Activities, Tasks and/or Functions Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near the work site, performing any combination of following duties:
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Properly packing products into boxes and ensuring the correct product and quantity are being packed.
- Ensure the products are packed in a fashion not to be damaged during shipment.
- Frequently operates pallet jack or electric dolly to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Manually loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds.
- Actively participates in periodic workplace safety learning sessions.
- Makes simple adjustments, such as realigning belts or replacing stretch wrap rolls, using hand tools.
Walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours per shift. Pulling, climbing, pushing, bending, squatting and reaching overhead. Manual lifting, stocking, pushing, pulling and carrying objects/product weighing up to 95 lbs./package. Pushing, pulling pallet jacks to transport/move skids of material weighing up to 2500 lbs. Opening and closing dock overhead doors weighing up to 60 lbs. Climb portable ladders to heights of up to 15 ft. Ability to work in hot and/or cold environmental conditions. Participate in installing, moving and/or relocating storage rack components weighing up to 60 lbs. Operate a forklift