Material Handler Dallas, TX
2322 French Settlement #300 Dallas, TX 75221
What You' ll Be Doing
Under general supervision, the Materials Handler I is responsible for assisting with the efficient collection and movement of material and products throughout the Fabrication Shop.
- Display consistent attention to personal safety in accordance with all applicable, company, state and federal regulations.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Obtaining receipts or signatures for receiving and shipping of products.
- Assist in all aspects of warehousing, loading, unloading, stocking, inventory and securement of products.
- Proper Packing of products for shipment
- Activities, Tasks and/or Functions Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near the work site, performing any combination of following duties:
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Properly packing products into boxes and ensuring the correct product and quantity are being packed.
- Ensure the products are packed in a fashion not to be damaged during shipment.
- Frequently operates pallet jack or electric dolly to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Manually loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds.
- Actively participates in periodic workplace safety learning sessions.
- Makes simple adjustments, such as realigning belts or replacing stretch wrap rolls, using hand tools.
- Walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours per shift.
- Pulling, climbing, pushing, bending, squatting and reaching overhead.
- Manual lifting, stocking, pushing, pulling and carrying objects/product weighing up to 95 lbs./package.
- Pushing, pulling pallet jacks to transport/move skids of material weighing up to 2500 lbs.
- Opening and closing dock overhead doors weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Climb portable ladders to heights of up to 15 ft.
- Ability to work in hot and/or cold environmental conditions.
- Participate in installing, moving and/or relocating storage rack components weighing up to 60 lbs. Operate a forklift
Who Are We?
RPC Company is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; one of Dallas Business Journal’ s Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a three time winner of Clearly Rate’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of Forbes’ America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.