Medical Collections - Dallas, TX
7920 Belt Line Road, Suite 420 Dallas, TX 75254
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Pay: $17-$20 DOE
Position Summary: To collect on past due accounts receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To compile the information necessary to perform A/R collections
• To ensure claims are correctly filed
• To prepare required reports including A/R aging
• To establish accounts for follow up
• To locate and notify customers with delinquent accounts
• To resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion, establish clear payment schedules
• To assess accounts to be re-billed over 120 days.
• To prepare accounts to be written off and turned over to outside collections agency.
• To answer incoming A/R inquiries and follow up
• To document A/R collection efforts, file proof of claims and handle attorney correspondence.
• To notify Manager/Supervisor of problems and risky clients
• To assist with other duties assigned by the Manager/Supervisor
• Make outbound calls or research online notes to various types of payers i.e., patients, insurance companies and providers to address and resolve delinquent accounts in the assigned queue.
• Review patient information to determine why claims weren’ t paid, update accordingly and resubmit.
• Review outstanding balances to determine if financial responsibility is assigned to appropriate party. If incorrect the Collector will update account and re-bill or adjust correctly.
• Collector will note accounts with current actions
• Report daily productions weekly to Manager/Supervisor
• Meet required production numbers as set by Manager/Supervisor.
• Properly appeal cases when necessary and according to carrier and company policy.
• Advise Clients/Manager/Supervisor of medical necessity denials due to non-compliance of insurance medical policies.
• Research medical policies when necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• 40-60 Claims Worked per Day.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’ s Degree preferred
• 2 years’ collection experience
• healthcare experience preferred
• Professional appearance and demeanor are required
• knowledge of insurance plans and providers
• knowledge of claims and billing
• A commitment to excellent customer service as well as a positive proactive attitude.
Job Title: Collector Department: Collection
Reports To: Director of Billing & Collections FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Excellent communication and verbal skills including proper grammar
• CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 knowledge
Other Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication and verbal skills including proper grammar.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• A commitment to excellent customer service as well as a positive proactive attitude is a must.
• Familiarity with current software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Knowledge of MDSuites, Vision on Demand, RIS, Healthpac and Centricity.
• 10K by touch and type 50-60 wpm