Medical Collector - Irving, TX
4950 N. O'Connor Rd, Suite 203 Irving, TX 75062
How Much You’ ll Be Making
Medical Collector makes $15/hr.
What You' ll Be Doing
Medical Collector contributes to the company completing the follow-up and collection from third party payers and self pay accounts to enhance cash flow and obtain associated reimbursement based on established contracts.
- Performs follow up activities on all accounts to ensure prompt payment.
- Maintains daily queue on desktop.
- Identifies and corrects any coding or billing problems from EOBs.
- Monitors insurance claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner.
- Prepares accounts for rebilling and for filing secondary insurance; sends to carrier with necessary documents, as needed.
- Completes filing and follow-up on insurance denials with coder and physicians to obtain reimbursement.
- Handles patient and insurance inquiries.
- Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account.
- Updates patient accounting Software using daypack and re-files claims, as required.
- Assigns Bad Debt accounts to Collection Agency as approved by BOM.
- Acts as a liaison in collection of third party accounts, as required per Center practices.
- Completes the reconciliation of accounts that are turned over to outside agencies.
- Administers Center contracts with third party payers including Medicare and Medicaid, in accordance with facility practices, as determined through facility processes.
- Notifies BOM/Administrator of contractual issues that are contrary or inconsistent with contract language.
- Negotiates payment plans on self pay accounts utilizing established policies regarding Settlement Discounts.
- Completes weekly reporting to BOM and Administrator involving collections.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable days.
- Responsible for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt.
- Performs reviews and turnovers of aged accounts to an outside collection agency for 1st placements and bad debt.
- Follows Best Practices regarding initial follow-up at 21- 28 days for insurance claims and subsequent follow-up every 14-21 days.
- Answers telephones.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees.
- Provides business office and admissions back up as needed.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
- Knowledge of commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Tricare insurance operating procedures and contracts, and basic medical terminology.
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of managed care payers and medical terminology (preferred).
Who Are We?
CnStaffing, Inc, a Division of RPC Company, is a medical and healthcare staffing located in North Texas. We specialize in staffing clinical and administrative positions including: LVNs, medical assistants, lab techs, phlebotomists, medical supervisors, transcriptionists, front office staff, insurance specialists, billers, coders, collectors, payment posters, etc...