6300 Cedar Springs Dallas, Texas 75235 | Contract To Hire
M-F 8-5 with potential for overtime
Dress Code: business Casual
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of Preservation projects to ensure that goals or
objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and scope of work by performing the following duties personally or through other Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reviews project proposal/plan to determine time frame, intercompany breakouts, and procedures for accomplishing project.
- Reviews projects in Basecamp assigning tasks based on S.O.W.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Confers with Operations Manager to outline Scope and project overview.
- Communicates scope and project timeline with production
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Reviews Basecamp prior to project delivery to confirm completion of all tasks.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication -Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Suggests workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Cost Consciousness -Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization' s strengths & weaknesses.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Assists in managing three preservation labs ranging from 60-80 plus employees in the Preservation. Is responsible for the coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl