22568 Hwy 29 Elmore City, OK 73433
Painter - Elmore City, OK
It is the responsibility of this of this position to perform all blasting and painting tasks necessary to prime, coat and finish pressure vessels, piping and structural weldment after assembly. The purpose of the position is to provide a quality finish on FORUM fabricated products, using the finishing consumables provided, according to the qualified coating procedures, within the time allocated in the production schedule, and in accordance with Company Quality Requirements.
• Operates spray paint guns to apply standard primers and enamels.
• Maintain accurate paint logs on paint usage and other data as it relates to the job.
• Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
• Set-up/blast with sand, shot or grit.
• Achieve and Maintain consistent DFT.
• Knowledgeable in coating types and methods.
• Ability to service blast and paint equipment.
• Operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
• Speed of accomplishing tasks – less than moderate.
• Ability to work safely a must.
• Operates other equipment used to prepare parts for painting to include but not limited to compressors, grinders and sanders.
• Proper handling and disposal of paint materials.
• Accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices.
• Accurate reporting of paint usage and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) checklist.
• Number of direct quality incidents - < 15 a year.
• Good coating knowledge and technical proficiency in an ASME pressure vessel and structural steel manufacturing environment.
• Class-appropriate level of experience.
• A working knowledge of shop scheduling, material provisions, shop layout and process throughput is highly encouraged.
• A high school or vocational school diploma is desired.
• 1 + years experience
• Experience with NACE Coating Requirements is preferred.Experience in an ISO 9000 environment is suggested.