Paralegal Fort Washington, PA
1100 Virginia Dr Fort Washington, PA 19034
Paralegal - Fort Washington, PA
What You' ll Be Doing
Paralegal will support the Legal Staff by performing various paralegal functions which shall include the following:
- Paralegal will assist with keeping the Company’ s corporate books and records. Paralegal will assist with the preparation of minutes at board of directors meetings. Paralegal will assist with all corporate filings and appointments of officers and directors. Paralegal will also prepare board resolutions, consents and secretary certificates.
- Paralegal will prepare and submit all annual corporate filings with all Secretary of State offices. Paralegal will be responsible for all corporate qualification filings and fictitious name registration filings.
- Paralegal will assist with tracking all trademark applications and approved marks. Paralegal will create and maintain the database to store all filings and track expiration dates.
- Paralegal will assist Correspondent Lending Client Development team by preparing the required legal documents to purchase loans from correspondent lenders; The Paralegal will also assist with preparing documents for annual renewals and performing legal searches. Paralegal will assist in reviewing legal entity documentation from the correspondents. Paralegal will also maintain the documentation in the proprietary documentation system and database.
- Paralegal will support Fraud Team by reviewing daily the results from DLP tool to identify breaches of consumer data and making referrals to Corporate Security for further investigation.
- Paralegal will perform case management services on litigation which shall include sending out Legal hold notices, obtaining responsive documents; preparing submissions to counsel; and reviewing discovery requests.
- Paralegal will mange the SOP process which will include without limitation, reviewing the subpoena, forwarding the subpoena to the appropriate party, gathering responsive documentation, preparing the submission of documents and tracking all SOP requests received by the Company. Paralegal will have access to the vendor SOP notification system.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
• Prepare corporate filings for annual renewals
• Prepare Correspondent Agreements.
• Prepare ancillary business entity documents such as consents, resolutions, certificates of incumbency and secretary certificates.
• Proof read legal documents.
• Respond to SOP requests
• Track trademarks and assist with trademark filings.
• Manage litigation as the lead case manager.
• Review daily DLP incident reports.
• Paralegal Certificate or equivalent, required. College degree is a plus;
• Previous corporate paralegal experience required;
• Litigation experience is helpful;
• Licensed PA notary is a plus;
• Law firm or In-house experience in the financial services industry beneficial;
• Experience with MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint is desired;
• Strong communication and customer service skills required;
• Ability to communicate with all levels within an organization;
• Ability to be detail oriented and organized;
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
• Ability to manage small projects is desired.
Who Are We?
RPC Company is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; one of Dallas Business Journal’ s Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a three time winner of Clearly Rate’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of Forbes’ America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.