Part Time Cost Accountant Sulphur, OK
Sulphur, OK 73086
Cost Accountant - Sulphur, OK
Under general supervision, responsible for conducting moderately complex cost audits and preparing and analyzing cost reports. Analyzes cost records to ascertain distribution of costs of various divisions of management and production. Classifies labor, material and overhead costs to compute the unit cost of product or service. Records cost data for use by management in controlling expenditures. Determines and installs cost accounting methods and procedures. Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs and explains variances. Prepares estimates of new or proposed product costs. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Prepare weekly reporting to analyze variances between actual and standard cost. Summarize the operating insights into what is driving the financial variances. Explain variances from forecast. Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
• Coordinate product line cost analysis for new products, or products that have not been manufactured recently, monitoring drivers deemed important to meeting profit objectives.
• Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor cost.
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
• Reconcile shipments at standard cost to cost of goods sold/manufactured.
• Monitors physical inventories and cycle count program providing support to enhance the process.
• Reconciles finished, WIP and raw goods inventories on a monthly basis. Report changes to the components and quantities that makeup inventory on a monthly basis.
• Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger specifically to cost, manufacturing and inventory but also other areas that might be assigned to enhance departmental controls.
• Support special projects or financial analysis when needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent