6700 Pinecrest Drive Suite 200 Plano, Texas 75024 | Contract To Hire
This position is responsible for completing the financial clearance process creating the first impression of client’ s services to patients and families. The Patient Account Representative must be able to articulate information in a manner that patients, guarantors and/or family members comprehend so that they know what to expect and have an understanding of their financial responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contacts patients and guarantors to explain the receipt of financial responsibilities
- Assists in the creation of patient financial file
- Contacts patients to provide information and support to resolve billing issues
- May provide detailed explanation to patients of charges, payments and adjustments
- When patient is unable to pay account in full, may assist patient with establishing payment arrangements which are in compliance with one of the Medi-Lynx payment methods
- Answers patient and facility calls professionally and pleasantly
- Enters detailed information regarding all calls into the system
- Regularly attends work and arrives on time
- Follows HIPAA protocols
- Dependability: The employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Being dependable also includes promptness, regular attendance and compliance with work/departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communication & Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationship with Others & Attitude: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, peers, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Self-Motivation & Initiative: The employee asks questions concerning projects and assigned tasks. The employee volunteers to take on addition responsibilities to meet the needs of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Possess strong and effective customer service skills
- Display excellent judgement at all time
- Consistent attention to detail and follow-up
- Must be a team player, be flexible, and be a good listener with a high level of patience
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload
- Strong organizational and time management skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years customer service experience in a healthcare or related setting
- Prefer knowledge of Medical Terminology