Patient Insurance Representative
2701 Highpoint Oaks Drive #124 Lewisville, Texas 75067 | Contract To Hire
The Insurance Patient Account Representative role is to file insurance claims and appeals on assigned hospital accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for insurance follow-up on identified hospital accounts
- Understands medical billing requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, contracted and commercial payers
- Reviews and researches insurance correspondence and makes necessary corrections to ensure claims payment
- Requests oral reconsideration of pended claims and supports attending physicians in orally responding to the payer’ s medical team regarding the case
- Timely process appeals on identified accounts
- Follow HIPAA protocols
Must have thorough knowledge and experience in:
- Hospital accounts
- Insurance Follow-Up and/or Claims Recovery
- Medicare and Medicaid Managed Care
- Experience with Claims processing software or ‘ editors’ such as epremis, SSI, EZClaim, etc
- Ability to read/decipher a contract
- Suspended (S-Status), Returned-to-Provider (T-Status), Rejected (R- Status), Paid (P-Status) and Denied (D-Status) claims
- DDE is a huge Plus!
- High school Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term disability, 401k, etc.
- Growth opportunities