Planner II Fort Worth, TX
8701 Eagle Mountain Cir Lake Worth, TX 76135
Planner II - Fort Worth, TX
- Under direct supervision.
- Responsible for scheduling the production of new manufactured and after-market product for delivery to customers.
- Acts as a liaison between inside sales, interval production processes and customers regarding order compliance, processing, changes, modifications and delivery of sales orders.
- Coordinates information between departments regarding product application and customer requirements.
- Inputs and extracts information from database, and refers to catalogues/manuals to respond to customer inquiries regarding pricing, availability and delivery times.
- Works on tasks and instructions associated with processes and/or equipment to be used for sequence of operations to meet finished good needs.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Constantly check/count inventory to make sure that all materials are always accounted for and that the plant is always well equipped with materials needed to complete customer orders.
- Conduct daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly physical cycle counts to ensure 100% inventory accuracy.
- Pro-actively prepare for future or unexpected customer order needs based on sales forecasts and past order histories by keeping materials in stock and preparing production schedules accordingly.
- Prepare production reports.
- Prepare, organize, and prioritize production schedules based on customer orders and lead times. Rearrange and modify production schedules when met with unforeseen circumstances.
- Actively communicate with and coordinate with Customer Service, Production, and other SCS locations to make sure the plant meets shipping deadlines.
- Prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Schedule, coordinate, and expedite the delivery of material.
- Communicate the status of production to all applicable departments including, but not limited to Management, Sales, Customer Service, and Shipping.
- Initiate replacement orders for lost, damaged, or incorrect material received.
- Work extensively with the SAP system to constantly account for inventory and constantly update production capacity.
- Back up Office Coordinator and Customer Service when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of production process and flow throughout the manufacturing shop.
- Good communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred.