Product Acceptance Inspector
2750 Regent Blvd Dallas, TX 75063 | Contract
- The Product Acceptance Inspector will verifies product conformance to company operating procedures, quality standards, applicable government regulations and purchase order requirements.
- Assure compliance to internal and external specifications and standards.
- Provides objective evidence of receiving discrepancy resolution.
- Identifies and documents discrepancies using non-conformance system.
- Segregates, controls and dispositions non-conforming items.
- Assists in product reviews with internal customer during product or process verification.
- Has direct contact with external suppliers, freight carriers and internal departments including but not limited to: IS, Traffic, CDC Warehouse, Supply Chain, Sales).
- Identifies repetitive non-conformances and initiates requests for corrective action.
- Verifies repetitive or significant non-conformances.
- Resolves discrepancies with suppliers, carriers and internal Company departments.
- Consistently initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Identifies and documents discrepancies, records results and conformance to acceptance plans.
- Captures accurate supplier performance data for supplier scorecards.
- Issues ZI QNs for internal process failures.
- Segregates and controls non-conforming items.
- Uses discretion to make disposition decisions under specified guidelines.
- Consistently and proactively reviews complex and/or specialized processes to identify gaps between requirements and current outputs within own work group, throughout the organization, and with external suppliers.
- Identifies potential conditions that contribute to gaps or key variances; assists in the analysis of root cause determination.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Provides training to less experienced workers.
- Has established skills to perform a range of day-to-day and routine activities; acquires advanced job skills needed for more difficult and varied assignments; good understanding of the technical aspects of the job.
- Understands how own duties relate to others in the team and has an awareness of how the team integrates with others.
- Good knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established options; refers significant deviations from guidelines to supervisor for authorization.