Product Manager Bellevue, WA
Bellevue, WA 98004
The Accounting Product Management Team (PdM) will serve strategic driver for organizational excellence to enhance execution management, organizational governance and strategic change leadership. PdM works across the Accounting organization to drive improvements in our service delivery model in close alignment with our Finance counterparts and Technology Team partners. This Product Manager role will be an individual contributor in the Accounting organization overseeing accounting projects related to new product offerings, changes in accounting processes, etc. This PdM will lead the development of business requirements for projects across the Accounting stakeholders, communicate requirements cross functionally and work collaboratively with Technology to ensure Accounting requirements are met as part of the UAT process. This individual must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and have a strong desire to provide outstanding service to all internal and external project stakeholders in becoming a trusted advisor to the customer. Collaboration and strong partnering are " must-haves" and critical to the team' s success.
This role is inherently cross functional, and you will work closely with Product, Technology, Finance and Business Owners. You will need to balance multiple competing priorities as you work to negotiate successful outcomes for all parties involved. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful, able to use creative problem-solving skills to manage simultaneous projects from project inception through project delivery.
- Act as the product owner for Company intiatives; develop & maintain the Accounting Delivery Roadmap & identify resourcing needs to support the approved roadmap.
- Represent Company accounting as part of Company' s Financial Initiatives Process Finance Engagement Model, manage the Accounting Project Intake Process to identify clear project priorities at all times; manage trade-offs between cost, schedule and business benefit.
- Think strategically to ensure business objectives are met over the long term; provide input to stakeholders on strategic decisions that affect the Program(s) in the Accounting Portfolio.
- Lead the planning cycle for Company projects
- Comply with the various change management controls (i.e. as applicable to the PdM role).
- Project-Specific Responsibilities:
- Attend Weekly Key User Forum(s) as applicable to Company, with a focus on driving relevant project activity, problem resolution, feedback and fostering open communication within the cross-functional team
- Publish bi-weekly Accounting Portfolio status reports
- Lead the Accounting Business Requirements Process and the change management process to manage scope
- Own the Finance UAT Project Effort
- Own the project plan updates for Accounting tasks
- Manage the Accounting Sign-Off/ Approval Process throughout the project' s lifecycle
- Conduct Training & Develop " Go-Live" Transition Documentation, as required
- Monitor production transactions (for Accounting scope) during the stabilization phase to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements and drive problem resolution, as required.