Project Manager Fort Washington, PA
1100 Virginia Dr Fort Washington, PA 19034 | Contract
The Project Manager will work with business stakeholders, development teams to develop integrated project and resource plans, helping teams to stay on schedule.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and drive timelines by creating and maintaining schedules (including key deliverables, milestones, and dependencies), understanding the deliverables and the progress toward each milestone while identifying and driving resolution of all project issues
- Effectively manage change and risk, partnering with the team to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs and that plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements as business needs change
- Coordinate and communicate with internal customers as needed to set and manage expectations, highlight and resolve issues and ensure an overall excellent experience working with the PMO team
- Lead and drive project team to successful planning and implementation of project completion (on time, on budget, full scope).
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and systems community.
- Work with business to validate requirement definitions, Based on evaluation of business plans/opportunities analysis; recommend projects.
- Assess alternatives for economic feasibility, budget impact and delivery risk.
- Manage and guide the design, development, testing and implementation activities for the entire project using structured methods/techniques.
- Develop, integrate and coordinate the project budget, scope of work, project schedule and project team.
- Negotiate with resource teams on availability, commitments, dates, and deliverables.
- Performs related duties as required.
- BA/BS in Business, or a field related degree, or a combination of education and experience in Project Management; PMP preferred
- A minimum 5 7 years experience in project management required
- A minimum 2-4 years experience in accounting required
- Experience with financial industry development projects.
- Mortgage Banking project experience preferred
- Proven track record of managing component projects within a larger program or integrated product suite, with complex upstream and downstream dependencies
- Expert in use of project management tools, in particular MS Project and Excel
- Proven experience in risk management, release and change management
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail, follow-through and ability to use analysis to drive decisions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, collaborative work style and can-do attitude
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines imposed by rapid business growth, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines
- Possess ability to create executive ready presentations, status reports, etc...
- Strong deckware/PowerPoint skills