Quality Assurance Engineer Aerospace Military Optical (AMO) Richardson, TX
Richardson, TX 75081
Salary: $50K – 65K
An aerospace component manufacturer is looking for an experienced qualify assurance engineer to join our established work environment.
- Contributes to quality planning, process control and quality assurance for the manufacture of products.
- Collaborates with multi-discipline team members regarding product development plan objectives, assist in interpretation / articulation of applicable requirements and ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Maintains quality records as part of the Company’ s Quality Management System
- Participation in the Company’ s AS9100 program interfacing with external auditing agencies and customers during audits
- Performs the root cause and corrective action process for customer, supplier and internal quality issues.
- Facilitates the review of non-conforming materials for disposition along with other members of the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Develops and implements effective corrective action programs for resolution and prevention of identified issues.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves supplier quality non-conformances
- Assists in the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Conducts internal training to staff on quality related subjects and processes.
- Participates in developing quality objectives for new products.
- Reviews and provides direction related to customer quality requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree or higher
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of previous quality assurance/engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required. Avionics manufacturing experience preferred. Ability to interpret customer specifications, including part layout drawings and electrical schematics. Knowledge and experience with AS9100 quality standards is required.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of quality improvement tools and techniques through demonstrated ability to conduct thorough root cause analysis using quality tools such as FMEA, 8D / 6 step problem solving, fishbone analysis, etc.
- Effective time management, organization skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others within and between departments.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and analytical skills is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and orally. Demonstrated
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. A demonstrated comfort with personal computers and willingness to learn specific software applications. Technical writing skills for development of processes, root cause and corrective action analysis reports and ability to summarize facts, data, graphs, tables, pictures and related details into comprehensive reports.
- Collaborates and cooperates with Manufacturing, Engineering, and the Quality Department. Demonstrates a willing, positive, and proactive attitude.
- High level of understanding of Quality Standards with ability to interpret MIL-STD as well as customer Quality requirements.