Quality Engineer Grand Prairie, TX
2250 Lion Country parkway suite 140 Grand Prairie, TX 75050
This is a Direct Hire position!
Role and Responsibilities
Position is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of quality within the assigned plant or area. Maintain and improve quality system and performance within assigned plant or area. Directly and/or indirectly supervise 1 – 8 people.
- Lead group of Quality Engineers and/or other quality department associates
- Administer Quality policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Responsible for tracking, follow up, corrective action and reporting on all customer and internal quality issues and metrics for assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for meeting customer and internal quality goals, targets and objectives for assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in the internal and external auditing process of the quality system.
- Establish and maintain positive customer and supplier relationships.
- Direct Quality launch, APQP and PPAP activities.
- Oversee the gage and test equipment control program for area of responsibility including; measurement systems analysis, calibration and training of all associates on the proper usage, storage and handling of gages and equipment.
- Participate in the development and procurement of gaging and test equipment as directed.
- Support plant continuous improvement activities.
- Assists in developing new policies and procedures.
- Responsible to develop, track and meet budgets for area of responsibility.
- Develop and manage quality training plans for associates in area of responsibility.
Cascade Enterprise System / Lean / Operational Excellence
- Help to deploy level 0 and 1 goals using Cascade Enterprise System
- Assist Operations to achieve Operational Excellence using a Lean/TPM (Cascade Enterprise System/CES) method
- Help to establish a CES production and manufacturing method and measure to ensure a high quality and low cost process is utilized
- Support the on-going development and implementation of Lean/TPM (CES) in manufacturing, improving upon the standard KPI’ s
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree with a CQE or CQM certification preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of APQP, Six Sigma and Lean principals.
- Must be able to understand and interpret drawings, GD&T and other electronic data.
- Experience managing systems and multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with IATF 16949 quality systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Language Skill Requirement
- Excellent reading, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and system documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Customers, and other associates.
- Mathematical Skills Requirements
- Knowledge and ability to lead and direct SPC / DOE and other statistical activities.
- Ability to interpret customer drawings and electronic data.
REASONING ABILITY REQUIREMENT
- Ability to lead, manage and train associates in problem solving activities
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and work with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Physical Requirements
- Minimal physical movement and exertion.