1001 Klein Road Suite 100 Plano, TX 75074
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Serve as a complementary quality resource member on a Customer Focus Team performing problem identification, resolution, yield reporting and continuous improvement.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Provide reports to leadership under guidance of Quality Leader or Quality Engineer on quality issues, trends and returns.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits (product, process, system or supplier).
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards, QMS documents, and activities.
- QMS document administrator.
- Perform various product inspection activities including in-process, final, out of box audit, and receiving inspection.
- Assist with MRB oversight and disposition activities.
- Ability to analyze data and apply statistical process control.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong computer skills including statistical quality applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases. With the ability to organize data into varying inspection reports (PPAP, Long/Short Form FAI, Customer Documents).
- Individuals with IPC-A-610, IPC-A-600, and J-STD-001 certification or experience
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges or micrometers.
- Read blueprints, data, manuals or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, certification processes, or measuring instruments required.
- Knowledge and experience of working with the ISO 9001 standard is desired, knowledge of AS9100, ISO 14001, and ISO 13485 management systems
- ASQ certification or equivalent experience (CQT) is a definite asset