RPA Developer Plano, TX
- The RPA Developer is responsible for the solution design and configuration process that translates multiple concurrent RPA process requirements into functioning RPA system/service.
- This role should be able to work independently for certain aspects and have the ability to partner technical leadership, engage directly with business and drive shared outcomes.
- Delivering RPA projects in partnership with business process analysts and business SMEs is the critical component of the role.
- The RPA Developer must gain a deep understanding of the business process, synthesize process requirements into solutions designs, and configure solutions to fully automate the business process with RPA software.
- In some cases, these activities will include efforts by vendor partners.
- In the case of vendor partner contributions, the RPA developer is accountable for the vendor developed technical artifacts.
- Additionally the RPA developer will be responsible for ensuring production RPAs operate smoothly.
- This will require in part hands-on activities such as fixes and enhancements as well as partnership and oversight of vendor partners supporting RPA operations.
- RPA developers must have excellent analytical skills because they will be required to continually compare business process needs with the RPA software capabilities.
- Being detail orientated will help them manage simultaneous projects at different development stages.
- RPA developers must continually monitor project updates and reported defects in order to manage necessary modifications.
- Consequently, they must constantly shift gears between assigned projects, deadlines and schedules.
- RPA developers must conduct experimental software runs to ensure quality and consistency.
- They must have an eye for perfection in order to properly direct repairs and revisions of programs designed to increase operating efficiency.
- This is a junior resource role, 3-5 years post school.
- Needs some technical skills but not necessarily on UI Path as we will train the resource on the RPA platform.
- Communication is key as they will need to be able to not just understand the business process and communicate clearly, but be able to translate that into RPA.
- Preferred Experience with RPA or other automation technology
- Advanced to expert experience with RPA tools and development process
- Experience with agile development
- Basic understanding of cyber security implications of automation
- Experience working within IT organization
- Advanced to expert experience with VBA and scripting
- Advanced to expert experience in coding language (Java, Python, etc.)
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with business analysts and business SMEs
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Demonstrated continued knowledge acquisition of emerging/related technologies Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Significant experience and understanding of common development models including waterfall and agile processes
- Experience with coding anal ysis: including root cause issue identification, debugging, problem management and performance tuning
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.