Receiving Associate Farmers Branch, TX
13405 N Stemmons FWY Farmers Branch, TX 75234
Hours: 7am-4pm. One hour lunch break
- Responsible for the efficient and accurate receiving and stocking of material into the Regional Distribution Center.
- Responsible for performing all warehouse responsibilities in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Receive inventory coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other locations accurately and promptly, notating any and all damages on the Bill of Lading.
- Verify part number as well as the quantity and description of inventory received by checking merchandise against the Packing Slip.
- Examine incoming shipments and appropriately report/record any damages or discrepancies on Packing Slip and Receiving Exception Report.
- Stock material in proper bin locations, marking all overstock box(es)/pallet(s) with item and quantity so inventory is easily identified from the floor.
- Rotate stock to ensure any aged material is towards the front of the shelves.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas, keeping the Receiving area, warehouse aisles and walkways free of debris to ensure a safe working environment.
- Operate a forklift safely to move inventory through facility as required.
- Assist in any and all warehouse duties on an as-needed basis.
- High school diploma or GED with warehouse or distribution experience preferred.
- Able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code.
- Must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked.
- Basic math skills and reasoning skills.
- Certification of power-truck equipment.
- Operate inventory control equipment, i.e., bar-coding equipment, handheld devices.
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to withstand extreme temperatures in a typical warehouse environment
- Position spends a large amount of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing.
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.