Repair Manager - Grapevine, TX
When You’ ll Be Working
Repair Manager schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
How Much You’ ll Be Making
Repair Manager makes $60, 000-$70, 000/ year.
What You' ll Be Doing
Our client has a full-time opportunity for a skilled electronics technician to contribute talents in the repair department as the Repair Manager. This area of the company is critical to refurbishing our proprietary products and getting units returned to the field in a timely manner. In addition, this role will test, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrates assemblies and mechanisms to ensure they function per established tolerances and specifications. They will suggest or implement equipment purchases, modifications or calibration changes that could result in improved productivity or reduced costs related to refurbishing. They record observations and may make recommendations for improving processes.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret schematics, bills of materials, PCB layouts, engineering drawings, etc., and perform required repairs and maintenance in a teaching atmosphere.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- Conduct detailed testing, solve manufacturing, mechanical or electronics problems involved in the operation of various products
- Manage a large staff including time off requests
- Assist technicians and supervisors with additional training
- May perform calibration checks and on equipment
- May completely troubleshoot an electro-mechanical system to determine cause and remedy for malfunctions
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform electromechanical repairs as needed, informs management of issues in assembly and remanufacturing process
- Determine if all parts are clean, and of sufficient quality for assembly and/or remanufacturing by means of in-process inspections
- Inspect, test, and measure materials or products being refurbished for conformance to specifications
- Apply statistical tools and techniques to solve problems and improve performance
- Continually seek process improvements and make recommendations to management
- Strong attention to details with ability to handle and assemble small parts and electronic components using hand tools, and soldering irons
- Experience with or basic electrical knowledge of: Resistance, Capacitance, Logic, Multimeters, Oscilloscope Operation
- Ability to read Electrical Schematics
- Ability to recognize non-conformances
- Able to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines
- Uses logical approach to problem solving in Production & Continuous Improvement
- Strong skills for troubleshooting, root cause analysis and analyzing effectiveness of corrective actions
- Knowledge of various MS Office applications such as: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Metrology skills including calibration
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Ability to read schematics and use precision measuring tools / instruments
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists
- Strong Organization skills
- Ability to work directly with both internal and external staff
- Excellent influencing skills and strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- This position entails supervising and managing a large staff of electronic technicians and supervisors. Strong communication skills and conflict management skills are a must. Bi-lingual a must, English/Spanish.
- Communicate on a Technical level with R&D Department.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience;
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus;
- 5-7 years of manufacturing experience; electro-mechanical skills mechanical and industrial skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work well in a busy environment with monthly goals and deadlines.
Who Are We?
RPC Company is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; one of Dallas Business Journal’ s Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a three time winner of Clearly Rated’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of Forbes’ America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.