Reporting Analyst Houston, TX
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014 | Contract
The Reporting Analyst will bring advanced data extraction expertise from various systems and provide an accurate and consolidated view of data for analysis and management decision making purposes.
- Collection and analysis of data from various systems to support reporting and analysis (NAV, Hermit).
- Advanced data extraction techniques from source systems utilizing Excel Skills.
- Understand underlying logic and have skills to clearly identify and document issues with logic as identified for management review.
- Understand the business processes behind the data for a better understanding of data and reporting results.
- Assist with the Investor reporting, month-end reporting and KPIs.
- Work closely with other internal departments.
- Develop custom reports which will allow for ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with peers to increase the value and accuracy of the monthly reporting package for Senior Executives.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience is preferred.
- Reverse Mortgage experience preferred.
- Advanced data extraction techniques from source systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Microsoft Excel- Macros, Pivot Tables, Charts, and complex formulas),
- Word, Power Point, Project Management).
- Experience in working with large volumes of data and experience with building data models.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment and make recommendations based on analysis and subject-matter expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate recommendations with peers and Senior Leadership.
- Proven ability to research and interpret information and to act proactively to develop knowledge of the business and its activities.
- Proven ability to select the best course of action from multiple, defined options.
- Must have a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- Must have a professional attitude, demonstrate mature judgment and adherence to business controls and external regulations, and be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
- Problem solving skills with continuous Improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong reading comprehension and analytical skills.