Reporting Analyst Houston, TX
14405 Walters Rd Houston, TX 77014
The Reporting Analyst will bring advanced data extraction expertise from various systems and provide an accurate and consolidated view of data for analysis and management decision making purposes.
- Collection and analysis of data from various systems to support reporting and analysis (NAV, Hermit).
- Advanced data extraction techniques from source systems utilizing Excel Skills.
- Understand underlying logic and have skills to clearly identify and document issues with logic as identified for management review.
- Understand the business processes behind the data for a better understanding of data and reporting results.
- Assist with the Investor reporting, month-end reporting and KPIs.
- Work closely with other internal departments.
- Develop custom reports which will allow for ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with peers to increase the value and accuracy of the monthly reporting package for Senior Executives.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience is preferred.
- Reverse Mortgage experience preferred.
- Advanced data extraction techniques from source systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Microsoft Excel- Macros, Pivot Tables, Charts, and complex formulas),
- Word, Power Point, Project Management).
- Experience in working with large volumes of data and experience with building data models.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment and make recommendations based on analysis and subject-matter expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate recommendations with peers and Senior Leadership.
- Proven ability to research and interpret information and to act proactively to develop knowledge of the business and its activities.
- Proven ability to select the best course of action from multiple, defined options.
- Must have a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- Must have a professional attitude, demonstrate mature judgment and adherence to business controls and external regulations, and be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
- Problem solving skills with continuous Improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong reading comprehension and analytical skills.