SACM Analyst Plano, TX
The role of the SACM Analyst is to be responsible for configuration management activities including identifying, analyzing and controlling configuration changes to hardware, software, documentation, and other configuration item changes. The roll involves supporting the asset and configuration management process, building exception reports, and maintaining core data used by the asset & configuration management system.
- Maintaining an effective Configuration Management Process
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the Configuration Management System and ServiceNow Discovery
- On a daily basis tasks will also include validating, reporting and auditing information on the configuration management database.
- Recommend process improvement to the Configuration Management functions
- Assist with the design/improvement of change/release processes and procedures
- Leverage thorough understanding of the business process and related information systems to create current SACM process map (as is process map) and future SACM process map (to-be process map)
- Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas.Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training
- Support internal or external audit requests
- Translate the business and user requirements into system requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standard or Best Practices within the SACM space
- Ability to understand the design of ServiceNow Out of Box functions and capabilities at a detailed level within the SACM processes
- Experience in ITIL Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Practical experience in ITIL service management functions and processes
- Experience in CMDB Service Mapping and Taxonomy
- Experience in CMDB Discovery Administration and Cloud Administration
- Prior hands on experience creating and maintaining SACM reports and dashboards
- Experience with integrations of multiple disparate transactional systems across the enterprise
- Experience with Administration of Asset Management within Service Now.
Skills and Certifications required:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Adapt at working in highly matrixed cross functional teams
- Experience in System Administration of one or more specific IT tower disciplines such as Server, Database, Storage, Facilities, etc.