Senior Accountant - Plano, TX
- Prepare materials for accounting close on a quarterly basis.
- Review and reconcile data received from other departments.
- Prepare SEC and international reporting disclosures.
- Partner with other departments to ensure all are delivering their tasks on time.
- Interaction with external and internal auditors on a regular basis.
- Maintain process documentation up to date.
- Assist with project related ad-hoc requests (ad hoc reports, assisting with documentation and testing of contracts come September) However, more maintaining daily accounting activities vs project work
A lot of direction and training and development provided by the manager and team, will not just be thrown in without any kind of direction, so looking for someone eager and excited to learn and grow within the company
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Financial services industry experience, but open to other industries as long as other requirements are met
- 3-5 years of national public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred)
- No more than 5 years of experience
- Comfortable with repetitive, routine work
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Excel user - pivot tables, v-lookups, functions
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated, positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic, and changing environment
- Must be flexible with OT as needed (month-end, ad hoc assistance, etc.)
- Banking experience highly preferred
- PeopleSoft experience
- HFM experience
- Big 4 experience preferred