Senior Business Systems Analyst Plano, TX
Summary of Job:
The role will support enhancements to the Insurance Host system. This includes collaborating effort with related resources of upstream and downstream system(s) that may be impacted by changes to the Insurance Host system.
The ideal Business Systems Analyst (BSA) candidate will have exceptional communication skills and demonstrate professionalism across the Company organization with business partners (i.e., vendors), non-managers and managers. Automotive insurance products experience a plus. Must have strong analytical skills to understand as-is business processes in order to effectively identify and document the to-be requirements. Also, must have excellent problem-solving ability to identify root cause of an issue in order to help determine the optimal solution.
This position has significant impact to the company due to the responsibility of delivering quality Company systems projects in a timely manner that are thoroughly tested, documented, implemented on-time and within budget. Visibility of this position is high due to the close interaction with business stakeholders to understand their processes and build trust in BTSs ability to advocate and support Business Unit operations.
- Gathering Business Requirements
- Collaborate with business partners to analyze and understand business problem/need
- Leverage thorough understanding of business and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Collaborate with business partners to define project objectives and scope
- Document current state business process (as - is process map) and future state business process (to-be process map)
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders and key technical resources
- Use a variety of industry standard/best practices techniques to elicit requirements from the Business
- Document, categorize and prioritize business, user and system requirementsValidate requirements for quality attributes (e.g., clarity, conciseness, correctness, completeness, testability and traceability)
- Creating and Executing Test Scenarios
- Ensure QA, downstream teams, vendors, and business users create and finalize test plan based upon finalized requirements Ensure QA scenarios are complete Ensure QA executes testing cycles, documents results, and obtains testing sign-off documentation
- Production and Operational Support
- Review designs, test scenarios and results conducted and documented by outsourced service provider to ensure Company business practices are represented
- Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
- Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed by outsourced service provider
- Assist team lead/functional manager in outsourced service provider oversight, SLA tracking, and Scorecard reporting
- Provide subject matter expertise to support outsourced service provider as needed.
- Ensure that business practices are represented in support scripts and incident management activates.
- Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas for Operational Support.
- Support internal/external audit requests
- Deliver End User Demos and Facilitate Training
- Provide system demos to end users
- Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training
- Help coordinate and facilitate end user training sessions
- 8+ years of BSA work experience
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge and understanding of industry standard/best practices requirements gathering methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of Information
- Technology systems and software development
- Strong understanding of testing methodology
- Ability to understand technical architecture design of business applications
- Expertise in usage of business analysis tools such as, Microsoft office suite, visualization, and requirements management tools to interpret, condense, and communicate complex graphical and statistical information
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools
- Ability to work with limited supervision, having significant latitude for independent judgement
- High-Level communication skills to collaborate, influence, and persuade others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to senior management
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
Nice to Have or PLUS
- Understanding of captive insurance business
- Understanding of financial services operations; knowledge of Company internal operations and systems
- Project management experience is a plus
- Professional Award is a plus