Senior Desktop Support
Plano, Texas | Contract
The Business Technology Solutions (BTS) Executive Deskside Analyst is primarily responsible for deploying and supporting computers and other technology solutions for select business critical executives. This typically includes hands on support of the CEO, GVPs, VPs and higher executive level, their support staffs, as well as Japan Staff, Treasury staff, and others as required. The Executive Deskside Analyst is a key participant in new technology rollouts for TFS and may occasionally travel to support field implementations and training events. Additional responsibilities include documentation and delivery of training materials on new technologies for these high-profile users.
This position will be a direct contact for executive and VIP team members. They will be a direct reflection of IT and customer service/ownership is of the utmost importance.
Keys to success in this position include:
- Ability to build trust and strong working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of technical expertise
Essential Job Functions / Accountabilities:
- Impeccable customer service and bed-side manners while offering white glove support to executive level or VIP team members and / or business partners. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Complete ownership of issues and problems and support from end to end; coordination of multiple teams and support personnel as needed to resolve the incident as quickly as possible.
- Primary hands on deskside support for executive team members, assistants and supporting staff. This position requires 24x7 support to the executives work and home environments for hardware, software, network and other technology needs.
- Subject Matter Expert in support of multiple components and technologies used by executives such as, desktop/laptops, mobile devices (Android/iOS), Wi-Fi and LAN connections, A/V Equipment & conference room support, peripheral setup, hard phones & VoIP (Skype), O365 & Skype Meeting Support, Windows 7 & 10 environments, etc.
- Coordinate small projects and events on behalf of the executive level staff that would be timeline driven with a high sense of urgency.
- Personal development and training to keep pace with technology changes and growth within TFS. Participate in overall second and third level support for the Deskside Support team. Function as a technical leader in this area.
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Meet regular performance expectations
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to support team and business objectives.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to be at work on time, to return from breaks and lunch periods on time and to leave the work area after the end of their scheduled workday (applicable to jobs subject to attendance policy)
- Other related functions/accountabilities may be assigned, but are not essential
- Required: High school education or equivalent
- Preferred: Four-year degree (BA or BS)
- Required: 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Preferred: 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Preferred: CompTIA A+, HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST), ITIL Foundations v.3