Senior Financial Analyst, Systems Projects Plano, TX
Will work on HEPM and downstream systems and processes work streams as we perform system testing, modify HFM reports, and excel spreadsheets which pull data from HFM to generate our financial reporting information. Will also include developing solutions for new data requirements, and making things more efficient from a spreadsheet standpoint.
- Education: Four-Year College Degree (BA or BS) Business degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry)
- Licenses or Certifications: CPA with current accounting experience
- Candidate will have between 3 and 5 years with a Big 4 public accounting firm (or other professional service firms)
- Specific experience in the areas of month end close and accounting processes, and Financial Reporting requirements, processes and deliverables
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and/or Access/VBA (or other equivalent database software)
- Strong Excel skills, including file and data validations, and complex formula building - Must be very good with Excel and data - validated it, find trends/patterns
- Kaizen or business process improvement expertise
- Attention to detail is required along with the ability to work in challenging environments
- Adaptability - willingness to learn new products and processes and work on multiple types of project concurrently
- Ability to serve as an advocate for customers business objectives; i.e. be an advocate for the business by working in partnership to deliver business decisions which will positively affect the future profitability of the Company
- Ability to work with customers to conceptualize needs and to develop and implement solutions
- Ability to drive change by clarifying objectives, identifying and managing resistance to change, and serving as a role model for new behaviors
- Ability to work with ambiguous or changing work situations, tasks, assignments
- Self-starter who works independently to move tasks forward while continuously obtaining group consensus
- A high degree of organization skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment X The ability to effectively and efficiently set priorities according to customer/supervisor criteria
- The ability to successfully execute short-term activities without impeding progress on longer-term activities
- Excellent communication skills Strong data analytics skill.
- Working knowledge of HFM
- General understanding of how financial systems work, ability to leverage financial system to generate reporting outcomes.
- An understanding of system implementation projects