Senior PLC Technician - Dallas, TX
1330 Regal Row Dallas, TX 75247 | Contract To Hire
Programs automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers). Performs installation of control and power systems for cosmetic packaging and processing equipment. Identifies, fabricates and installs modifications to existing equipment and performs specific maintenance functions in troubleshooting and repair of cosmetic packaging and processing equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Validates the design and specifications of electrical/electronic systems for packaging and processing equipment. Participates in the final development of packaging and processing equipment and assists in the development of specifications for new equipment. Recommends revisions to existing specifications and procedures and assists in the development of specifications for new equipment.
2. Fabricates, installs, debugs and maintains new electrical/electronic systems for packaging and processing equipment to improve performance or accommodate new product. Troubleshoots electrical, electronic, and pneumatic systems; makes repairs or adjusts equipment as needed.
3. Program PLC’ s, AC/DC drives and Servo Drives. Modify robot, PLC programs, and human machine screen interfaces (HMI’ s) as required. Troubleshoot equipment consisting of controllers, robotics and programmable logic controllers. Assists in organizing and coordinating installation of new electronic systems.
4. Performs maintenance on precision measuring and gauging instruments and electronic test equipment used by the Electric Shop.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: HS diploma, plus
Experience: 8 years of practical experience in assembly, installation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems and 5 years’ experience with installation, programming and troubleshooting PLCs.
1. Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Automation Direct, Mitsubishi, Omron, ELAU, etc.
2. Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up. Experience with logic auto-generation from templates is a plus.
3. Must have technical knowledge and electrical skills that are congruent with the requirement of the incumbent having a journeyman’ s license. In addition, the incumbent will have demonstrated competencies established for this job as specified in the electrical competency model.
4. Must be experienced in the safety regulations of both client and all local and national safety requirements.
5. Must be able to stand, sit and/or walk for extended periods of time.
6. Shift or schedule change may be necessary due to changing business needs.
- They take them through a hand assessment on packaging related equipment-
- They must have the programs on the job description
- They are moving to Lewisville this year- they want some with Siemens experience- The lay out is going to be more efficient-
- Somebody with expert level knowledge of- food- pharma or manufacturing assembler industry- that the equipment is almost the same.