Senior Project Manager Plano, TX
The Business Technology Solutions Department is looking for an experienced Project Manager, experienced in leading process-mature projects in a collaborative environment. The Project Manager is responsible for successfully delivering small to large complex projects. He or she must demonstrate advanced project management knowledge across the full project lifecycle, with experience in multiple lifecycles (waterfall, package, Agile). Business or project experience is highly desired within a relevant domain such as Automotive, Finance, or Banking.
- Key project management experience
- Experienced with Agile Scrum management (minimum 3 years leading)
- Experience within scope-managed lifecycles, such as waterfall, Iterative or package-based
- Initiation, Lead business value clarification, road mapping
- Drive business case development, lean start up activities
- Planning - Create and manage project charter, scope and plans.
- Lead size-based estimates with stakeholder teams.
- Develop and maintain project time-phased forecasts, breaking out OpEx and CapEx dollars
- Develop work-based project schedules based on deliverables defined in project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), resourced and dependency-based, with an accurate critical pathBuild and maintain accurate staffing forecasts
- Execution - Drive team to complete tasks/duties within planned cost, schedule and qualityManage all project resources, vendors and contracts, whether local and remote
- Communicate and drive completion of upcoming tasks and deadlines
- Lead project adoption through organizational change management
- Prepare for and run sponsor/oversight statusing/stakeholder progress meetings
- Prepare objective weekly status reports and monthly scorecards
- Manage quality
- Monitoring & Controlling
- Manage scope change and factors which may impair the business value of a project Use Earned Value, critical path and other techniques to proactively measure project performance-to-plan
- Manage budget and maintain accurate cost and schedule forecasts
- Proactively communicate issues and risks with your leadership team and sponsors
- Proactively take corrective action when indicated.Identify root causes and remediation for project variances
- Project Closure
- Establish and maintain all project documentation in its system of record
- Close project administrativelyImplement and measure planned business case/value
- Facilitate and document Lessons Learned
- Specific Experience with value-managed lifecycles, such as Agile Scrum or Agile Leano
- Lead multiple level planning (e.g. roadmaps, MVPs, epics, releases, sprints, day-to-day)oConduct effective, lean Scrum ceremonies/rituals
- Create and groom prioritized user story backlogo
- Lead consistent, standard-based sizing of user story points
- Improve sprint-to-sprint velocity
- Ability to drive progress using Agile means such as Roadmaps, backlog story points, velocity and burn down
- Ability to manage long lead time deliverables with suppliers outside the team
- Ability to incorporate part-time external support, potentially remote, into the full-time team
- Ability to continually maximize value of releases, including optimal project shutdown
- Experience with the following business processes: Digital Retailing, Payment Calculation, Financing.
Key personal competencies & skills:
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Leadership qualities, particularly in collaboratively moving stakeholders to common vision and decisions
- Effective management skills in setting direction, building effective teams and driving them to meet objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to interface with people at all levels of the organization; technical and business sponsors to foster a collaborative environment.
- Ability to train and mentor othersEffective problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong development technology background desirable (requirements, architecture, development, application management, maintenance, operations)
- Experienced in building work-based plans and performing against baselines in MS Project
- Experience with tools such as JIRA/Rally, Agile Accelerator, Trello, Copado and HP QCFinancial management skills, such as budgeting, forecasting and capitalization
- Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science, Business Management or other related discipline
- Project Management training, such as PMP certification, Scrum master certification or equivalent
- Detail of specific duties for this position: Previous work experience working in large Financial Organizations is a Plus.
- Vendor/Contract Management experience: Managing multiple vendors and internal resources across work streams simultaneously. Managing onshore/offshore resources.