Senior Project Manager Plano, TX
The Data Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team, identifying activities, monitoring progress, and ensuring timely project delivery for various data compliance programs such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy act (CCPA), Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), and others.
- Lead a cross functional project team in the creation of project deliverables and realistic project timelines.
- Work with compliance process architects, business analysts, and business leaders to identify any potential business process gaps.
- Identify project risks, develop mitigation strategies, and monitor project health.
- Utilize project management tools and templates (project plans and trackers) to support lessons learned helping drive consistency across projects.
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Provide guidance and coaching/mentoring to team members and other project leaders as appropriate.
- Manage complex project programs and set direction for large scale efforts.
- Understand various data regulations / standards requirements.
- Present concise information as needed to senior management regarding progress of project activities and commitments.
- A Bachelors Degree or related equivalent work experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in program or project management within the financial services industry.
- Ability to define projects and their goals, estimating budgets, risks and resources required
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership, building teams, and relationship management required
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Experience with data privacy or data retention regulations / standards such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy act (CCPA)
- Experience with MS Project, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or other standardized project management tools/documentation preferred
- Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP or Masters Certificate in Project Management)
- LEAN certification is preferred