Senior Tax Accountant Irving, TX
6641 N. Belt Line Rd Suite 100 Irving, TX 75063
What You' ll Be Doing
Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of existing and upcoming tax legislation (federal, state, local and foreign) to identify opportunities to minimize the organizations legal tax liabilities and comply with the requirements.
Sales & Use Tax and Local Tax
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly and annual sales and use tax returns for various local and states
- Research, review, and approve of sales tax exemption certificates submitted by or from Billing and AR team and prepare all required resale certificates for suppliers
- Perform monthly reconciliation to ensure entries for accruals are accurate
- Monitor activity & sales thresholds at a state level for potential sales tax exposure due to economic nexus standards
- Work with external tax advisor and Maintain compliance / tax calendar for preparation, processing, and filing of sales and use tax permits, required filings, and business licenses to ensure registration and reporting obligations are met on time.
- Prepare property tax valuations and work with external Tax advisor
- Responsible sales and use tax and property tax audits. Analyze and prepare response to tax authority as required.
State and Federal income tax
- Coordinate and prepare the financial information for tax provision and annual corporate income tax (sates apportionment) to External tax firm as needed
- Prepare responses generated in conjunction with tax inquiries/audits as assigned
- Researching and analyzing various new state and local sales/use and indirect tax regulations and issues.
- Responsible for maintaining discretion related to all confidential/sensitive company and customer information
- Performs other requested tasks and duties
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field or (Master’ s Degree in Accounting / CPA / MBA is preferred)
- 5+ years of Accounting and/or Sales/Use and Indirect Tax experience; Big4 tax department is preferred
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Good technical knowledge of tax law and its application
- You are at ease in a fast-paced environment and you are able to change direction rapidly when priorities and deadlines shift
- Ability to help process and lead the month-end close process strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX controls is required
- Strong analytical / problem solving skill
- Experience working directly with internal /external auditors
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively negotiate tax positions
- Experience with Process Improvement is preferred
- Must have experience-using Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards or related enterprise system in a professional capacity.
Who Are We?
RPC Company is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are? a Veteran Owned Small Business;? HUB Certified staffing company;? a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association;? one of? Dallas Business Journal’ s? Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a three time winner of Clearly Rate’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of? Forbes’? America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.