ServiceNow Discovery Expert - Plano, TX
- Maintaining an effective Discovery Process
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of Discovery and the accuracy of the CMDB
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the ServiceNow Discovery
- On a daily basis tasks will also include validating, reporting and auditing information on the configuration management database.
- Recommend process improvement to the Discovery and Configuration Management functions
- Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas.
- Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training
- Support internal or external audit requestsKnowledge and understanding of Industry Standard or Best Practices within the Discovery and SACM space
- Ability to understand the design of ServiceNow Out of Box functions and capabilities at a detailed level within the Discovery and SACM processes
- Experience Configuring, Maintaining Discovery
- Proven experience creating efficient discovery schedules in a mid-sized environment
- Experience creating custom patterns and probes.
- Extensive experience in identifying Discovery gaps and opportunities and resolving the issues in a timely manner
- Experience in ITIL Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Practical experience in ITIL service management functions and processes
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Adapt at working in highly matrixed cross functional teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience in System Administration of one or more specific IT tower disciplines such as Server, Database, Storage, Facilities, etc.
- Experience with ServiceMappingExperience configuring, maintaining, and upgrading MID servers and MID server clusters
- Certification in ITOM Administrator Certification
- Certification in ITOM Implementer: Discovery/Event Management