Shipping and Receiving Irving, TX
2425 E Pioneer Dr Irving, TX 75061
Shipping and Receiving - Irving, TX
What You' ll Be Doing
- Shipping and Receiving Associate will verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment.
- Determine appropriate methods for a variety of shipped items.
- Assemble wooden or cardboard containers, pack and seal items appropriately into approved containers, affix shipping labels, weight and affix shipping labels/postage.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Route received items to appropriate departments.
- Maintain adequate inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack and hand-trucks to unload trucks and move or deliver packages.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- Shipping and Receiving Associate should have a High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of skills & knowledge.
- 1 year of similar experience performing a heavy volume of shipping & receiving of boxed packages and crated materials.
- Forklift operator license a plus; will train.
- Basic skills using Microsoft Windows and Outlook; prefer knowledge of FedEx and UPS shipping software.
- Solid understanding of English in written and spoken forms.
- Knowledge of common arithmetic, unit conversion, and English measurements.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work at a steady, regular pace throughout a workday, with periodic spikes in workload and pace.
- Attention to detail, dependable, reliable, responsible, and commitment to excellent quality of work.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of job including good dexterity, able to safely lift and move up to 50 lbs., and stand and walk regularly.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests, and a pre-employment criminal background check.
Who Are We?
RPC Company is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; one of Dallas Business Journal’ s Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a three time winner of Clearly Rate’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of Forbes’ America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.