Social Worker - Fort Worth, TX
Fort Worth, TX 76155
Licensed Social Worker - Fort Worth, TX
What You' ll Be Doing
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed treatments.
- Coordinate transient arrangements.
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or operational needs of the clinic.
- Identify and counsel psychosocial issues.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Assist with program’ s target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Act as advocate on patient’ s behalf with the appropriate local, state, and federal agencies.
- Complete initial assessment of new patient psychosocial needs in adherence to state/CMS regulations and company policy.
- Complete KDQOL in accordance with company policy.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Identify social agencies and other resources as appropriate to the needs of the patients, including but not limited to financial/funding sources.
- Be familiar with professional organizations related to kidney disease (i.e. National Kidney Foundation, American Kidney Foundation).
- Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with all emergency operational procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
- Provide information and referrals as needed.
- Attend and participate in the monthly Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of patient/family support groups.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical Director and physicians.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with area hospitals, agencies, vendors and the community.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Educate staff and provide inservice training in relation to patient psychosocial care.
- Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
Why You' ll Be Awesome for This Job
- Must have Master’ s Degree in Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Current licensure in applicable state is required unless employed in the state of AZ, PA or Guam. License must be maintained as current and in good standing. (See addendum for Social Worker for minimum licensing requirements.)
- Previous experience in providing social services to dialysis patients preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
Who Are We?
RPC Company is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; one of Dallas Business Journal’ s Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a three time winner of Clearly Rated’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of Forbes’ America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
The Licensed Master Social Worker provides social services to patients and their families in a timely and efficient manner in order to promote maximum social functioning and psychological adjustment to dialysis and rehabilitation of the patient.