Software Development Engineer in Test Plano, TX
Software Development Engineer in Test - Plano, TX
This senior level resource will design and develop automated test scripts for the Enterprise Integration Platform (EIP) within a large financial services organization. Resource is evaluated on his/her ability to interface professionally with project teams, identify and analyze quality risks, determine the test approach, determine test scope, prepare time and cost estimates, facilitate and manage the project testing schedule.
- Build test automation in alignment with CI/CDTransition test scripting knowledge from existing supplierAutomation scripting using Selenium or similar toolsLeveraging modern test frameworks such as BDD and TDD using Cucumber or similar tools
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Be familiar with several programming languages and have in-depth experience with at least one (Python, Bash/Shell, Ruby, etc).
- Experience testing cloud applications
- Experience with common testing frameworks and tools like jUnit, Selenium, Pytest, or Cucumber
- Experience with automated testing of REST APIs
- Experience with automating performance testing with tools like jMeter or Locust
- Familiarity with integrating automated tests as part of CI (Continuous Integration) Tools and delivery practices with tools like Jenkins and BambooExperience with source/test code control and bug tracking tools such as GIT and JIRA
- Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDDExperience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Be willing to learn new tools/languages/frameworks as technology evolves, inspired by the increased complexity of the problems at hand.
- Write clean, logical, high quality code and unit tests.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience.Have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Experience with any of the following would be a plus: Experience testing Tibco, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Informatica, Big data technologies, NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB), Hadoop, Axway API Gateway
- Familiarity with integrating automated tests as part of CI (Continuous Integration) Tools and delivery practices with tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience with source/test code control and bug tracking tools such as GIT and JIRA
- Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDDFinance Services experienceKnowledge / Experience in use of HP Testing Tools (Quality Center 12.55, Unified Functional Test (UFT 12.52), Performance Center 12.52), JIRA, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Eclipse, CA Dev/Test or other similar QA tools