Sourcing Manager Bellevue, WA
Bellevue, WA 98004
Our client is seeking a temporary Strategic Sourcing Manager with specific focus with indirect categories (HR Services, Real Estate, Finance, Consulting, Security). Works directly with internal business stakeholders to manage activities that facilitate effective vendor selection processes, effective negotiations of agreements, and ongoing contract and vendor management support to deliver continuous cost savings, performance and process improvement to the business.
Job Description - Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as consultant to business partners in the vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Manage full range of projects from transactional to complex, spanning all types of third party services. Identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor candidates and staffing approaches.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define requirements; assist with identifying vendors; manage RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
- Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements.
- Conduct analysis, coordinate key stakeholder participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- Facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- Create, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline. Identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
- Execute against a portfolio of projects comprised of both large and strategic initiatives, as well as high volume transactional support
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business owners and stakeholders.
- Manage administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects.
- Support other business-related activities as directed by management.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 3+ years experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing with a focus on transactional high volume.
- Education: Minimum Bachelors degree in business, technology or relevant field
- High level competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Works well under pressure and within short time constraints; able to work with high levels of ambiguity.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong process orientation with project management skills and proven program implementation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who can work independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources.
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and effectively communicating conceptual topics to others.
- Ability to work with a complex matrix of stakeholders and businesses
- Ability to manage time to complete work effectively and efficiently.