Systems Administrator - Plano, TX
Plano, TX | Contract
Employee will lead the Jira and Confluence administration efforts for the various financial services application work streams/products. Employee is evaluated on his/her ability to interface professionally with project teams.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Creation of templates, team boards, dashboards, custom fields, workflows, schemes, etc.
- Serve as a JIRA administrator or engineer and maintain responsibility for administration, maintenance, upgrades, enhancements to JIRA, and integrations with other tools or plugins.
- Administer JIRAs core and software, and formulate technical solutions using JIRA and associated JIRA plugins or Atlassian products.
- Serve as the JIRA and Atlassian technical resource to ensure the adoption of development and workflow processes
- Develop solutions extending Atlassian REST services and JIRA plugins using the Atlassian SDK.
- Implement various, integrated JIRA solutions to enable capacity planning, long-term resource planning, financial management and portfolio reporting capabilities
- Provide in-depth training to business users on JIRA and Confluence features and functions
- Authorize and endorse best practices for the usage of JIRA Standardize and consolidate application solutions and processes across the organization
- 3-5+ years of experience with JIRA and CONFLUENCE as an administrator
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of Atlassian tools and customization.
- Expert level experience creating custom Workflows, Issues, fields, and Screens
- Must have a solid background utilizing an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban) in software development.
- Ability to integrate JIRA projects with Confluence Pages Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at all levels.
- Skilled in developing collaborative relationships.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision.